NOW IS THE TIME TO TREAT OBESITY
We are currently facing a global obesity crisis and here in the GCC it has reached epidemic proportions. The related health issues include a dramatically increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Please click here to learn more about this very important issue.
It’s not about how you look, it's about your health. Being overweight or obese can affect your basic health and quality of life. It can:
In fact, the more overweight you are, the more likely you are to be faced with obesity-related health risks. That's why bringing your weight down is so important: it can help lower your chances of developing certain health problems, and even help you manage some conditions you already have. If your BMI, or Body Mass Index, measures 30 or more, losing even some of the excess weight with OPTIFAST can make a difference in your life.
1. Drawert S et al. Obes Res 1996;4(Suppl 1):66S.
2. Mustajoki P and Pekkarinen T. Obes Rev 2001;2:61–72.
3. Lim EL et al. Diabetologia-2011;54:2506–14.
4. Delbridge E and Proietto J. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 2006;15:49–54
7.Hammond RA, Levine R. The economic impact of obesity in the United States. Diabetes, metabolic syndrome and obesity : targets and therapy. 2010;3:285-295. doi:10.2147/DMSOTT.S7384.
8. Steven S, Hollingsworth KG, Al-Mrabeh A, Avery L, Aribisala B, Caslake M, Taylor R. Very Low-Calorie Diet and 6 Months of Weight Stability in Type 2 Diabetes: Pathophysiological Changes in Responders and Nonresponders. Diabetes Care 2016 May;39(5):808-15.